Orcas in Puget Sound
Will you all forgive me for being gone so long if I post an eyewitness view of Orcas?
I received a call that a pod of Orcas was headed south (toward us). We quick drove to a good viewing spot and didn't have long to wait. We saw several including a couple babies, but I didn't have the time or the sense to use telephoto and just stood there and shot pictures. They're small but recognizable. Got two usable views out of 95 shots. LOVE these digital cameras!!
These were our first definite sightings of Orcas in six years of living out here.
(We think we saw some fins another time.)

Notes: Click image for larger view
Taken with Nikon CP7600 November 2006



4 Comments:
Ooohh! That's amazing! See, how can you leave that ... :)
(Good to see you back ... Fred/Fm and I were about to come dancing over here ... ;)
The scenery, the climate, the pace of life....all beyond compare. It's what is happening elsewhere....
p.s. I'm a gardner....
Helloooo Puget.
So good to see ya back. Olivia however is wrong. I would have shuffled over here, not dance. It just takes up too much energy. :)
Wonderful scenery and picture of the Orcas. I can see why you love it so.
Hellooooo back at you. :-) Yes, the scenery is pretty awesome. We feel mighty lucky.
Whether you dance or shuffle, it's always good to see you.
Post a Comment
<< Home