We're Baaaacccckkkkk!!!!
Hello All,
We're back in the land of electricity in most of Puget Sound. Right here where Gooserock and I live, we were without power for 65 hours! A house that heats solely with electricity can get very cold after a couple days. We have no fireplace or propane to the house at all. The first night we kept things almost livable by lighting 16 candles (no pun intended) and two kerosene lamps. But by the afternoon of the second day with no forecast of power in sight (the power company wouldn't issue any estimates) we knew we had to get out.
Florida Mom was losing her sense of humor which had been excellent up to this point. We were all REALLY cold. We were all losing sight of the fun and adventure of living like pioneers with no fire stick. Even the two Totos were shivering under their blankets and THEY have fur coats.
The second night we stayed with some friends about 15 miles north of us who had their power restored and finally at 2:00 p.m. today, WE GOT POWER!! We're all smiling again.
It makes you realize to a small amount just how awful it would be to not have a warm home at all....

9 Comments:
Hi Puget.
I had been worried about ya'll and I'm glad the elec. is back. Down here when it goes out I realize how much we depend on it. We have all elec., but also two fireplaces in the house. But it's been so long since we've used them I'd be afraid to start a fire in them without getting them cleaned first.
I'm sure Mom will remember the beginning of her life there. :)
Hi FM. Thanks for checking in. Boy, you're sure right about Florida Mom remembering her arrival! First The Big Snow and now this. I took some pictures, but they were all black.....
Hey there P4! Long time since I made it over, but was wondering about you and Gooserock when I heard about that storm... glad to know that your only problem was the lack of power. Not to diminish that, as we have been through that too in the winter with snow on the ground and lacking heat is no fun!
Good to know that things are back to normal now for you folks. We're just trying to get our act together for the holidays even if we are scaling back the festivities this year. BTW, wonderful photos on the previous post!
Hi IVG. Thanks for stopping by. The cold was really something. Gooserock and I could have managed to tough it out, but both dogs were having trouble and so was Florida Mom.
Glad you liked the photos. Thanks.
Hi P4! Hope you are all staying warm and powered up ... :) Happy Holidays to you all too!
Hi Olivia,
We're keeping warm, finally. Florida Mom is now living in her own apartment in the next town and is relishing keeping the thermostat set high. :-) No more power outages so far. Keeping fingers crossed.
How was your holiday?
It was okay ... very green ... very odd ... but it's not over yet, as we've more company arriving.
How about you?
Our holiday was very green, very wet, not so odd, quiet. Florida Mom moved into her apartment fully the next day and spent the night there last night. So our household is getting back to normal. Also, I've been off work from my away job for a month and today am back at it again two days/week. That seems VERY odd. Temps are in the 40's F. which is typical for this time of year.
Happy New Year P4, and to Gooserock, Florida Mom and the Totos! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home