Follow-up to Woe with Photo details
Olivia asked for details which is great. Happily I have Picture Project 1.7 which gives me the settings from the camera when the photo was taken.
Here's the settings from the first photo below:
Nikon D80
2007/01/08 15:59:03.6
JPEG (8-bit) Fine
Image Size: Large (3872 x 2592)
Color
Lens: 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 22mm
Digital Vari-Program: Auto
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/100 sec - F/5
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 200
Optimize Image:
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-A
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
Color Mode: Mode Ia (sRGB)
Tone Comp.: Auto
Hue Adjustment: 0°
Saturation: Auto
Sharpening: Auto
Image Comment:
Long Exposure NR: Off
High ISO NR: Off
Here's the settings for the second photo:
Nikon D80
2007/01/08 15:59:32.2
JPEG (8-bit) Fine
Image Size: Large (3872 x 2592)
Color
Lens: 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 G
Focal Length: 135mm
Digital Vari-Program: Auto
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/50 sec - F/5.6
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 400
Optimize Image:
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-A
Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
Color Mode: Mode Ia (sRGB)
Tone Comp.: Auto
Hue Adjustment: 0°
Saturation: Auto
Sharpening: Auto
Image Comment:
Long Exposure NR: Off
High ISO NR: Off
Both photos were taken as "jpeg fine". I reduced full frame images from 53" width to 10" width in PS which should have had a sharpening effect I would think.
I was trying to just let the camera do its best without me messing with settings. If you need or want anything else, let me know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will find a magical solution.
KH as to focusing manually.... the focus looks great in the view finder with auto-focus. It's the images that are crummy.
ADDED NOTE 11:07 a.m. PST: I had the camera braced on a window sill with the window open (brrr-rrr-rrr) for these two shots. Ths soft focus doesn't look like motion to me. What do you think?



2 Comments:
Hi Puget.
Wished I knew what to tell you, but Olivia and Jim are the experts. I guess it's one of those learning curve things, and I'm sure you'll be taking excellent pictures again very soon.
Thanks for coming around, FM. I love hearing from you anyway.
Post a Comment
<< Home