Papaver orientale "Patty's Plum"
First bloom on a new plant in my VERY tiny garden.
The following are three successive crops from a second photo. I am a happy camera kid.
The Center

The Heart

The Core
Notes: Click image for larger view
Taken with Nikon CP7600 June 12, 2006 using close-up 'scene' setting. This focuses from 1.5" to infinity.



6 Comments:
I love these P4 -- the colour is beautiful -- I've never seen poppies that colour. And it's good to hear that you're happy w/ your new camera P4 ... it takes a bit of time to adjust and learn all it's 'tricks' but you seem to be doing just that!
This is just beautiful Puget. The close up marco shots are breath taking.
Hi Olivia and Family Man. Thanks for coming by. It's nice to have visitors who leave nice comments.
I'm so glad this poppy decided to bloom this first year. You know how it is with perennials. The first year they sleep, the second year they creep, and the third year they leap.
Thanks FM, I'm glad you like them. Be sure to start breathing again. LOL
So you and olivia are actually a hive mind on which flowers to photograph. :)
Hi AndiF. It's all a matter of what is blooming where and when. What can I say?
Thanks for stopping by.
LOL Andi. I noticed that at Flickr at times too ... like in the spring everyone one was posting crocus etc. It's kinda funny to see how different areas of the world experience different blooming times through posting pix on the web. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home